Projects related to Firecloud
Vinay and I have been on the lookout for projects related to Firecloud* recently. In other words, ones which use WebRTC and/or Persona and/or P2P technologies in innovative ways.
So far we’ve discovered the following and have talked to (or are arranging meetings with) the project leads:
- Drogulus - “a programmable peer-to-peer data store built for simplicity, security, openness & fun.”
- Grimwire - “a RESTful Browser OS that does Peer-to-peer over WebRTC.”
- Open Peer - “an open P2P signalling protocol.”
- PeerCDN - “PeerCDN is a peer-to-peer distributed CDN that will make the web faster, more reliable, and help sites to reduce bandwidth costs.”
- +PeerServer - “a server in a browser with WebRTC.”
- Tonika - “an administration-free platform for large-scale open-membership (social) networks with robust security, anonymity, resilience and performance guarantees.”
- Vole - “a web-based social network that you use in your browser, without a central server… built on the power of Bittorrent.”
* Firecloud is a P2P web publishing platform that Vinay Gupta and I are planning to build as a Firefox extension. You can find out more about this Mozilla Hatchery project here.