Web Literacy Map v1.5
I’m delighted to announce that, as a result of a process that started back in late August 2014, the Mozilla community has defined the skills and competencies that make up v1.5 of the Web Literacy Map.
Visual design work will be forthcoming with the launch of teach.webmaker.org, but I wanted to share the list of skills and competencies as soon as possible:
Reading the Web
Using software tools to browse the web
- Accessing the web using the common features of a browser
- Using hyperlinks to access a range of resources on the web
- Reading, evaluating, and manipulating URLs
- Recognizing the common visual cues in web services
- Exploring browser add-ons and extensions to provide additional functionality
Understanding the web ecosystem and Internet stack
- Using and understanding the differences between URLs, IP addresses and search terms
- Identifying where...
Continue reading →